There is a fair possibility that the Earth will continue to spin seamlessly even after humanity disappears from the face of the planet. If we want to hang around, the only home we have needs to be protected, conserved, and nurtured right now.
Golden Globe Honors seeks to motivate and recognize the active involvement of the international community comprising of Global leaders, Artists, Entertainers, Performers, Models, Musicians, and Entrepreneurs, bringing people together across boundaries and generations to fight for the common causes— Our Planet and humanity.
A well-known phrase goes as, “Charity begins at home.” Before digging deeper into broader realms such as conservation and environmental concerns, the saying refers to taking care of our own kind.
However, we need to acknowledge that the Earth is our home and none of our private affairs and situations matter unless it stays the way it is.
The world is in a crisis, and whatever we do, we need to bear this in mind, and we need to act right now to reverse the danger— not tomorrow, not sometime later! Humanity has to realize that one more straw, or just a bit more plastic, counts. Every drop of petrol, like every watt of electricity, contributes.
Each one of us should do our bit as individuals. Every day, throughout the world, the Mantra to be followed is simple, “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.” Can we please get it done already?
Humanity probably will never be able to deplete the Earth’s fossil-fuel reserves; instead, the consequences of burning those fossil fuels, i.e., global warming, will first wipe us out. You’ve got to admire the ingeniousness of this defensive mechanism on the part of mother nature.
Whether you like it or not, approve it or not— The planet is fighting back and in full force. The patterns of weather are shifting, endangering our food security, and pushing our limits. It’s apparent we’ve got to shape up or ship out.
May not be out of sight any longer. These skeletons that we hide in humanity’s closet in the form of the landfill and marine dumpsites are about to surface in the form of an apocalyptic deluge.
Several accessible locations, such as suburbs and towns, now have recycling bins set up, and recyclable materials can be easily converted into cash. This money, in turn, can be used to improve the living conditions of the less privileged.
- Instead of burning up petrol, start a carpool, uber share, use a bike or walk wherever possible. Make sure your next automobile is environmentally friendly—probably electricity or solar energy powered. When it comes to greener living, there are infinite choices. A quick internet search can reveal hundreds of insights on this.
- Save water; our water bodies are disappearing or getting polluted at a fast pace as well. The recent drought conditions in California and Cape Town have demonstrated how our efforts to preserve every drop need to hang tight. As a species, we ought to start looking at life with a ‘need’ rather than a ‘want’ mindset. To protect our seas, make wise seafood choices, and try leaving your footprints on the sands only.
- Support programs committed to recycling and green initiatives. Every element in nature is devised with a specific place and has a vital position to fill. We can no longer in a position to lose any of it. Discontinue pesticide use entirely. Plant indigenous variety of trees or entire gardens— after all, they are home to more than 80% of the world’s biodiversity. These trees also absorb pollutant gases to filter the air we breathe, besides preventing soil erosion and enhancing topsoil quality.
- Evade the use of plastic, styrofoam, and polystyrene like the plague. Certain compounds are slowly strangling our planet and its biodiversity. Oceans are now filled with the garbage of our disposable lives, annihilating plants and animal life in tonnes. Carry your own cloth bags and say no to the plastic bag at the store— it’s the least you can do for your planet every day.
- Farmers also have to play their part; Using their experience and skills, they need to find ways to reduce the adverse effects of farming— switching to organic cultivation methods is one of the best means to do it right.
- As far as entrepreneurs are concerned, responsibility is no less critical. You can start by building sustainably, switch to eco-friendly production processes and production methods, properly dispose of waste, and, most significantly, work with compassion and respect towards Mother Earth. In case you have to produce plastic goods, use products that are biodegradable or at least recycled. If you are willing and committed, there are so many sustainable ways to adopt eco-friendly practices without disrupting your production cycles or impeding revenues.
- Policymakers also need to step up by adopting and enforcing legislation that puts the environment above everything else. Eco-friendly projects need to be adequately compensated and supported. Ultimately, the objective should be to gradually phase out all the ‘old’ ways of working and replace them with sustainable ones.
HOW CAN PLANTS TRANSFORM YOUR HOME AND LIVING SPACE?
To take any room from bland and empty to warm and inviting, its decor is crucial. There are dozens of ways to help make a home or office cozy and comfortable, but in order to bring your environment to life, plants are the ideal choice.
Your typical household decor pieces are obviously no match to the vitality and elegance of pulsating plant life.
- Plants grow as your family or enterprise grows
- They boost the magnificence of your space
- They clean air, reduce stress, and make your indoor green and comfortable
Here are a few ways to spruce up your space by adding greens and do your bit to the planet..
Whether you’re designing your room or office space with a desire to infuse a completely new and lively look, or to invite some earthy elements inside, introducing plants is the most elegant and fitting way to do that.
Plants carry with them many benefits as accessories for decoration, including a variety of colors and textures. But one of the best things about them is the flexibility they offer in terms of size. They may be small enough to accent a small desktop or petite open shelving, or they may be big enough to dominate the floor area of their own. And if you have a room that has almost no green with too much blank space, the floor plant may be just the right solution.
So next time you find that you have an empty corner or a room that just doesn’t feel complete, trust us, you don’t need another piece of furnishing to cover it. A floor plant can be that missing element which fills the room and adds a new dimension of aliveness to the décor.
It is important to note, however, that plants are alive, and they grow. So there are a few things to remember before you decide to bring greens to your favorite room.
When contemplating where to put a floor plant in your room, make sure space is properly lit. Also, ensure that the width and scale of the plant make sense in the room— the floor plant that reaches the ceiling, while the rest of the furniture is lying a bit low to the ground would feel as if it’s consuming the entire space— 6′ or 7′ plant is appropriate for most of the living spaces. However, you may want to go with a taller option, especially if you are residing in a loft, or if you have ceilings which are in the design of a cathedral. On the other hand, if you’re putting up in a petite apartment, consider the floor plants that sit low to the ground and are barely around 2′ or 3′ tall— They’ll be the perfect additions to your dwellings, and so much lighter on your pocket, too.
When you find yourself looking for plants to add some vibrancy and liveliness to your indoors, it’s always worth noting that green isn’t the only color available to you.
Flowering plants have all the wellness and aromatherapy benefits of green plants while giving you an extra pop of color that can really set your environment apart.
Specifically, orchids are a long-standing and highly preferable flowering plant amongst stylists and interior designers due to their geometric silhouettes and vivid, appealing colors. No matter where you place them in a room setting, they make a statement that attracts the eye and brighten up the room— and with great Love and care, they can last pretty long too!
For a shorter-term alternative that needs less preparation and upkeep than full-fledged plant care, think about using cut flowers to introduce a little life to your space.
In addition to being less time consuming, flowers can also be less costly, depending on how sooner you would want to replace them. You can buy a bunch in different varieties for as little as a few bucks. But the trade-off is that they really don’t last as long as (ideally) a potted plant does, so if you have to regularly rotate the flowers, they are ultimately going to stack up the cost. However, at the same time, replacing your flowers can be a perfect way to improve the look of your place without too much cost or effort.
Whichever way you want to go about it, cut flowers are a fast and straightforward means to boost your mood with their aroma and add some muchneeded pops of color to your home.
We understand that not all of us are born with the greenest of thumbs. Plant care can be complicated depending on the type of plant, the environment you live in, and how much time you have to spend on the process.
Besides, certain species can be much, much harder to keep alive, stable, and flourishing than others. But even if you haven’t had the best luck in the past with plants — that is, they’re always dying on you — there are a variety of pretty sturdy house plants that are much easier to care for and much more promising to honor your efforts with long and continuous development.
For starters, you may consider choosing cacti or succulent for your home. While being green and vibrant, both are desert plant types and are well adapted to conditions that would be less than friendly to other plant types. In fact, these plant species need minimal water and sunlight and are otherwise pretty low maintenance, which makes them easy to manage. In addition to their strength and resilience, these plants often have an unusual look that fits very well aesthetically in interiors—especially with a more contemporary architectural style homes due to their linear forms.
There is a variety of fun and innovative ways to introduce plants to different and unusual regions of your home.
The best approaches are to combine the visual appeal of greenery and/or flowers with the usefulness of the plant in ways that allow the plant not only to contribute to the aesthetics of space but also to make some use of it — like growing lavender in your home/office can diffuse aroma and keep stress at bay.
Another brilliant idea is to bring a herb garden right inside your kitchen. Using small planters, you can grow a variety of gorgeous, refreshing, and fresh herbs that will not only beautify the space but will add a tingling flavor to your cooking as well. For a brick wall, you may use a few small planters and a few wood screws to create a stunning effect.
By using independent planters instead of sequence shelves, you can build a simple yet intriguing pattern that enables you to use your plants not only as cooking aids but also as wall art.